Friday, December 15, 2017

Turmeric Curcumin and Pancreatic Cancer

February 16, 2015 by
Filed under Pancreatic Cancer

Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at: http://bit.ly/nutritionfactsupdates DESCRIPTION: Carcinogens in grilled and baked chicken may increase the risk…

Comments

25 Responses to “Turmeric Curcumin and Pancreatic Cancer”
  1. NutritionFacts.org says:

The spice turmeric may be useful in the treatment of some advanced cases of
    pancreatic cancer.

Watch below or click the link to watch on NutritionFacts.org:

2. Sindy Verdugo says:

This is a great video. I know a couple of people that have died of
    pancreatic cancer. I also know someone that eats chicken everyday and lots
    of it. His entire diet is almost exclusively baked chicken. He works out
    a lot. He is very lean. But, this scares me. I am going to show him this
    video, maybe he will eat more beans or something to replace all the
    chicken. I am going to slow down on my meat, switch to beans and other
    plant based proteins in addition to fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
    Thank you for confirming what I already know is healthy.

3. Vegan Gardener says:

Sad fact that most would rather undergo the horrors of chemo than some
    curcumin pills… …or god forbid… eat some veg curry! :-o

4. Sindy Verdugo says:

And fiber. Thank you. I have been dieting all my life as I gain weight
    very easily. I gave up on fruit juice years ago, I am glad I did. I have
    organic whole husk cilium that I try to consume as much as possible. I saw
    a nutrition video that recommend a spoon of cilium in a glass of water
    before bed. I feel great when I do that.

5. Out Of Place Ninja says:

“In any form, turmeric may cause stomach irritation during treatment. You
    may feel nauseated or experience frequent, loose bowel movements. Diarrhea
    may also be accompanied by loss of appetite or abdominal pain, cramping or
    bloating. Chronic bouts of diarrhea may cause your body to lose
    electrolytes, which may elevate your risk of becoming dehydrated. Prolonged
    treatment with turmeric may damage the lining of your stomach and can cause
    ulcers. Seek care from your primary medical provider if you experience
    sudden or severe abdominal pain or if diarrhea persists for longer than two
    to three days. If you have certain health conditions or concerns, treatment
    with turmeric supplements may not be appropriate. Though women may eat
    turmeric as a spice while pregnant or breast-feeding, treatment with
    turmeric supplements should be avoided. Anyone with a personal history of
    gallbladder problems or stomach ulcers should also avoid taking turmeric.
    If you are diabetic, consult your doctor before using turmeric supplements.
    This herbal treatment may lower your blood sugar to a dangerously low level
    if used in conjunction with diabetes medication.”

6. Scut Farkus says:

For all of you who keep harping on about Steve Jobs, read this:

‘Ashton Kutcher followed the diet to get into the mood for the role and
    ended up in the emergency room for his efforts as his *insulin levels
    fluctuated out of control*. The actor lost 18 pounds to look the part of
    the thin Jobs and actually criticised the diet. ‘[The book] talked about
    the value of grape sugar and that was probably the only pure sugar you
    could have in your body,’ Kutcher told reporters during a Jobs press
    conference in New York City. ‘I think the guy who wrote that book was
    pretty misinformed. My insulin levels got pretty messed up and *my pancreas
    kind of went into some crazy, the levels were really off and it was painful*.
    I didn’t know what was wrong.’

This is an extract of an article below:

Also from the same article, it says that Jobs would eat carrots and apples
    for weeks at a time. I am sure the fructose overload must have been very
    health for his pancreas.

7. Ray Jim says:

2:00 “They were willing to go on {chuckles} one of the nastiest
    chemotherapy regimens on the planet, but didn’t want to be inconvenienced
    with swallowing a lot of capsules.”

This has to be the *nastiest* most condescending thing I’ve heard Dr.
    Greger say.

You are welcome to vent your prejudices against meat eaters’ choices, but
    mocking people with a cancer having a 3% 5-year survival rate is vile.
    They would try anything *credible* to improve their chances. If they
    limited their intake, it was either because of the way it was presented to
    them, or they *had* a very real problem taking large doses.

Such arrogance. I’ve worked in a clinical cancer research unit, and know
    there is certain dark humour involved sometimes, but I never heard anyone
    make a snide comment like this directed at patients.

8. florian robicsek says:

I really like your channel but you really let your vegan bias show when you
    rely on studies showing correlations and make it sound like causation.

9. dominicjan says:

so curcumin is as effective as chemo? same 10% ratio

10. Paul Lundbohm says:

Actually the associations with fat and cancer is from the vegetable seed
    oils the animals are cooked in and the GMO and chemical laden grains the
    animals are fed. Chickens in this country are fed soy and corn, cooked in
    soy oil and usually boneless and skinless breasts with little fat so there
    is no surprise there is a correlation to cancer. The animal fat from
    pastured raised animals (mostly saturated) are protective from cancer and
    are stable enough to with stand oxidation.

M G Enig, et al, “Dietary Fat and Cancer Trends—A Critique,” Federation
    Proceedings, July 1978, 37:(9):2215-2220

J J Kabara, The Pharmacological Effects of Lipids, J J Kabara, ed, The
    American Oil Chemists’ Society, Champaign, IL, 1978, 1-14; L A Cohen, et
    al, J Natl Cancer Inst, 1986, 77:43

11. hyperhealthboy plantperfectxvx Ⓥ says:

swallowing some pills full of spices too hard just gonna do chemotherapy
    lmao

12. RawBananaJoe says:

Maybe they should just make the pills really big. Then the patients would
    be willing to take more of them

13. Maxine Jamet says:

I love your channel but in this case, if pancreatic cancer is caused by the
    consumption of animal fat, how come Steve Jobs died of it since he was
    vegan?

14. Timothy Thomas says:

What kind of reasoning is this? “Steve Jobs was a supposed vegan, and he
    died from cancer. Hence the benefits of veganism are in doubt,” That is
    such an illogical jump. Firstly, science shows us that vegans are indeed at
    lower risk of suffering from certain ailments, when compared with meat
    eaters. How much lower risk? That depends. Sometimes not that much lower,
    and other times many many times lesser. With pancreatic cancer, the risk is
    significantly lower.

Also, lower risk does not mean no risk at all. Vegans can still contract
    those diseases, but are just less likely to. And most importantly, with
    diseases such as cancer, there are hundreds of kinds of risk factors. Diet
    only comprises of one small portion of those risks. Genetics, lifestyle,
    exposure to environmental carcinogenic materials, workplace risks, etc. are
    also important cancer causing factors. Not to mention the obvious fact that
    we still don’t know much about cancer and how to treat it well.

15. Clan Chattan says:

To who it may concern ‘The Steve Jobs icliche’ is seriously irritating me
    now.

16. David Bosen says:

The spice turmeric may be useful in the treatment of some advanced cases of
    pancreatic cancer.

Watch below or click the link to watch on NutritionFacts.org:

17. philltitanium says:

very informative, thank you.

18. Randy Sandberg says: